Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oh. My.

I just put in 12 hours. NO break. I was given 10 minutes to eat somewhere midway.

Obviously, since I was planning to ride Amber on my usual 2 hours break...she didn't get ridden today, which annoys me, but it's not that bad. It's just one day. Tomorrow we will pick right back up. She probably needed 3 days anyway, in her out-of-shape condition.

But yeah. They sprang on my shift's manager at the last minute that the president and vice president of our franchise were visiting tomorrow for "inspection", and we had to clean the living hell out of the store. I think my legs are going to fall off. At one point, I was mildly high from all the chemical fumes from the degreaser and bleach.

There was tons of drama...employees not wanting to clean, employees talking back...at one point it looked like some unfortunate back talker would be fired, but everything worked out and we ended up being happy with our massive amount of hours. The supervisor over the stores in our area said to hell with our labor percentage, so our store managers were basically like, take advantage, get some hours, just clean this place up. It does look nice...

2 comments:

  1. OMG chipotle did this all the time but we werent allowed OT, ever. And we still had to carry out regular duties like we were some kind of superhuman worker bees. GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we still had to do our regular stuff as well.

    Fortunately, we don't do this kind of insane cleaning too often. Now if our store's main manager was there closing the store with us? Probably, she's insane about cleaning.

    ReplyDelete